Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Plants playing games with me ...

In my last post, I shared photos of the sneaky little blooms of my "Phoebe" hellebore.   I was surprised to see them because there were no signs of them until they popped open.

This morning, I ventured into the cold 39 degree morning to survey a few plants.

Lo and behold, a teeny, tiny flash of pink buried under the "winter wren" hellebore.
Ah ha! 

Caught ya - you sneaky little plant.
I had to really pull it up to get even a poor photo of it and was afraid it might snap. 

But isn't she lovely?


Lea said...

Lea's Menagerie

Janet QueenofSeaford said...

Love it, Hellebores are so hard to photograph most of the time. Glad it didn't snap off!!

Diana said...

Thanks, Lea! I was so tickled to see it with the cranberry colored lines instead of the dots.

Janet - I pushed it to the limite for sure!

Lancashire rose said...

She certainly is. Why isn't mine blooming?

Diana said...

Lancashire rose - Same reason my other 3 aren't blooming. Great garden mystery!

Nelson said...

Lovely indeed. Such treat!!