Thursday, May 30, 2013

The camera lens is a great garden tool...

 Last week I was taking pictures of all the lovely flowers that popped up after our wonderful rains.  I thought the cutting garden looked particularly nice with the clematis blooming.

But when I downloaded the pictures into iPhoto, this one looked odd. 

That's when I realized that I needed another element in that hole between the jackmanii clematis and the pitcheri clematis.  Funny how I never saw that before with my naked eye.  That area used to be home to a zillion larkspur in the spring, but this year they simply didn't come back. 
So I made a mental shopping list note and went to the nursery.  This is what followed me home in the trunk.

I'm quite pleased with myself, and now it looks complete. 

It's interesting, isn't it, the things that you can see through your camera lens?

13 comments:

Gail said...

It looks great.

Lancashire rose said...

Perfect find for the spot. My camera lens told me to get a lot of the stuff that is growing in my garden out. I obeyed too! My larkspur didn't do well this year either. Not their year.

laura said...

Big improvement. I've been meaning to get one of those iron pieces. It's nice to see how good it looks in your garden.

Laura

Lori said...

I love it! Plus it fulfills the adage that odd numbers are more interesting.

Ginny said...

It does look complete - it looks fantastic!

Diana said...

Gail - thanks. I was kinda tickled.

Lancashire Rose - I will have to walk around and see if my camera can give me some removal direction, too!

Laura - It really made a difference. I only see things like that when I can't think of where to put them!

Lori -- yes, 3s are always better. Used to be another trellis there but it wouldn't stay up so out it came.

Ginny -- thanks. It's nice when you get something right!

Bakersfield Wedding Photography said...

Yes it really helps, see it looks better than before, try taking more pictures and you will see the results of your garden.

Ally said...

I love that iron piece. It's perfect for that spot. Lately, my camera lens seems to be reminding me that I need to pull weeds and put away the hose. Those things always seem to be in the way of taking a good photo.

Jayne said...

It looks lovely! The perfect selection!

Phillip said...

"I love that iron piece. It's perfect for that spot."

Definitely, it is..

jayneonweedstreet said...

I love that - it just followed you home! And it has a great new home!

Helen said...

Perfect addition!

Edwin Thompson said...

It surely looks great!