Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sand between my toes...

I've missed my garden.

We've been on a wonderful vacation at Virginia beach.  We played in the ocean, read on the beach, toured Colonial Williamsburg, and went through the whirlwind of Busch Gardens.


There's a post in there somewhere -- probably tomorrow.  I thought I would blog on the trip, or write some draft posts for later, or read blogs.

But I didn't.

I enjoyed the true vacation, but I missed my garden and the blogs.

And while reading garden magazines on the plane home, I found the inspiration I'd been missing in the mid-summer slump.

I made note after note about new gardening, landscaping, blogging and article ideas. 

So, tomorrow it's back to the real world or writing, drawing and planning.  (Oh, and laundry.)


But I really did enjoy having my toes in the sand!

6 comments:

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

You were in my old 'neighborhood'! We lived in York county, Yorktown, Jamestown and Williamsburg are all right there together. The historical triangle.
I know what you mean about missing your garden, always good to be home.

Diana said...

I thought I was - thought about you when I got there! It was lovely and we had a great time. Things here aren't too bad, even though it's 100s now. They lifted the water restriction from 1 day/week to 2 days because of July rains, and I am watering more. I will probably cheat and water every 5 days, that just makes more sense, really.

Linda/patchwork said...

Glad you had a good time. Nice to relax at the beach. Great shot.

Reminds me....I need a pedicure.

Welcome back.

katina said...

welcome back...not any cooler, but definitely a lot less sand.

Diana said...

Linda = thanks. And I got inspired about my garden and my design work and writing, so it really was a good vacation!

Katina - yeah, and now it's just so miserable to work outside - and I really want to! Go figure.

Meryl's Tittle Tattle said...

Sand between the toes, mmmm great feeling, spent days doing that in Brittany this summer.