Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Flowers - in and out of the garden

Happy Mother's Day.

It's been a great Mother's Day weekend for me.

First, my son graduated from college yesterday with two degrees and we spent the afternoon and evening celebrating with lots of family and friends in our garden.

Then today, my daughter presented me with her hand-painted poster of hand-painted Texas wildflowers, all created with meticulous detail.

 How wonderful that the garden is the gathering place and inspiration for sharing love in our family.

I feel very blessed.
 
Can you name the wildflowers and 2 cutting flowers in the painting above?  Let's see how many you can identify!

Hope your Mother's Day was as special as mine.
Have a wonderful week.

8 comments:

Roberta said...

That card is a kick, I love it! Your flowers are bright and beautiful!

Jayne said...

Glad you had such a lovely Mother's Day Diana. That card is so cute.

Diana said...

Roberta - Thanks - I just loved it, like I love how she enjoys the garden and knows the flowers.

Jayne - Thanks - it was a great weekend.

Robin said...

Awww, Miss C did a beautiful job! And how clever of her to actually observe what you grow and paint those specific flowers. I saw bluebonnets, cosmos, maybe zinnias?

Linda/patchwork said...

Those handmade things are really special. She did a great job.

Congratulations to your son...and you.

We had two GRANDCHILDREN graduate from college last week. Makes us feel old, but very proud.

A great Mother's Day for all.

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Congrats to your son, two degrees!! And I hope you get that gorgeous painting framed and hung on the wall! I definitely see Bluebonnets and Mexican Hat (think it is a cosmos?) There is also a rose...Happy Mother's Day to you, see you later this week!

kacky said...

Everything looks beautiful! I agree, I love how the Gopher plant compliments other things around it with it's unique color/structure and form.

Yeah on graduation!!!!! Exciting and impressive!!!!

What a SWEET card!!!!!

Diana said...

Robin - Yes to bluebonnet and cosmos. No zinnias. Also Mexican hat, roses, lantana, sunflower, wine cup and blackfoot daisy. I've forgotten one and will have to ask her!

Linda - Thanks. It was a wonderful day to be a mother! Grandchildren - yikes - I'm not ready for that yet, though at 28 it certainly could be in the cards for my son in the near future.

Janet - you got several of them, too. I listed them for Robin...she knows them all from our walks and talks.

Kacky - That Gopher is so great because it looks like a succulent but the deer leave it alone.