Monday, May 14, 2012

More Texas wildflowers to enjoy...

The deer nibbled on some of these coreopsis tinctura when they first started growing in the spring, but they persevered and are now full of blooms.

I love how they look against the structure of the grey Gopher plant.

This is in the bed planted outside our back fence where there is no irrigation.  Once or twice a month in the middle of the scorching summer heat and drought I drag an extra long hose out there and water a little.  It's my drought- tolerant test bed.  These are REAL drought conditions.

We've had lots of fall and spring rain, so the plants are quite happy -- for now!


5 comments:

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Super!!

Lancashire rose said...

They are a pretty plant and I love to have them in the garden. I must get some gopher plant for my rock garden but I never seem to see it.

Diana said...

Janet - Thanks!

Lancashire Rose - I love their height and movement in the garden. With our wind here they are always swaying in the breeze. Try the Great Outdoors for the Gopher plant. They often have it. Will miss you in Asheville this week. Hope to be posting as we go.

greggo said...

Yes, I like the gopher plant also. Drought tolerant plants that look good are good to have indeed.

Linda/patchwork said...

I'd love to try some of those coreopsis. Maybe the deer would leave them alone here. I'm thinking there were some a couple years ago. They eat everything here, though.

I like the Gopher Plant, too.

Jenny...I saw some yesterday at Natural Gardener.

Happy Bloomday....