Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Loving my lush Central Texas garden

My garden is reaping the fruits of Mother Nature's labor.  Our wonderful spring rains have reinvigorated the gardens here in Central Texas, especially mine.

Lush isn't a word I typically use to describe my garden.  Hardy, drought tolerant, hot...those are the terms that come to mind most often.  

But after this morning's rain, I took a walk to look at all the lush hues of green in my garden. 
I hope this means that the deer have plenty to eat elsewhere -- I'd like to enjoy all this juicy foliage for a while.
Before the sun gets blistering, it's nice to enjoy this mottled shade.
Columbines, fatsia, ferns, hellebores and Greg's mistflower are happy with all the rain.
And I found a beautiful Hummingbird moth enjoying my larkspur in the cutting garden.

What's lush in your garden right now?


7 comments:

Dee/reddirtramblings said...

Oh Honey! It looks so good.~~Dee

Diana said...

Dee -- it's just so strange for it all to be so green!

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Love your agave combination. I am thinking of putting an agave up by our street....not sure though. Having it 'fit' in just isn't coming to me. Yours is wonderful.

Desert Dweller said...

I'll have to look at past posts, but I can't imagine your garden not looking lush! Glad I found your blog. The effect of rain seems more than just growth, but something else visual...

Diana said...

Janet-I love the structural contrast of agaves, even in soft beds. Think of it as contrast and texture to complement what you have! And you can do that with color, too, by choosing the blue or green varieties.

Desert Dweller-Thanks! I'm just so excited things look good right now and that the rain is also fertilizing plants that will be stressed soon enough!

Pam/Digging said...

Looks beautiful, especially the new bed by the street. I can't believe how much it's filled in!

Sheds Direct said...

You have a wonderful home and family you should feel blessed.

And a Hummingbird moth what more could you want :)