Monday, August 30, 2010

Am I blue?

Nope. I'm not blue.

But my pretty new pottery is.

And my new Mountain Yucca is as well.

You know how sometimes you do something with a space and then stop, but feel like it still needs a little "something-something?"

That's how I've felt about the day lily bed. It's a small space with limitations (access to the air conditioner and the breakfast room windows).

But it felt hollow in the middle. Probably because there was a big hole there!

Sitting at breakfast this weekend it occurred to me that a big 'ol blue pot with a big 'ol blue agave would look right nice in there.

And it does!

I made a quick run today to The Natural Gardener, where I knew I could find both items (and a whole lot more) and came home happy.

So, am I blue? Nope.

I'm tickled pink!

10 comments:

RBell said...

It's good looking pot & plant. Snazzy.

Diana said...

RB- Thanks. It needed some height and a little sprucing up. Funny how it took me 2 years to figure that out! Oh well, better late than never!

scottweberpdx said...

beautiful...I love that cobalt-blue pottery...such a great contrast to almost anything else in a garden!

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

That's a great solution to a problem area. It looks smashing. I think I'm going to steal, I mean borrow that idea. I have an ugly utility box on the northside of the house, and the a/c unit is on the south side (why didn't they put them on the same side?

Dee @ Red Dirt Ramblings said...

Yum! Excellent blue pot. Just looks splendid there my friend. No wonder you're not blue.

Pam/Digging said...

I love blue pots for succulents. Nice choice!

Diana said...

Scott - Thanks - you're right, I wanted the contrast and the vivid color there because the blooms there are bright yellows and purples and hot pinks.

MMD - Don't get me started on stupid places to put equipment! This is my A/C square - right outside the breakfast room window where I have to look at it! All the time! So I have painted panels there and am trying to have other nice things to look at in that dumb bed!

Dee -- And I love the combination of the blue yucca with the blue pot. It's cheerful.

I know you love blue pots - I was looking at the earth tones and just thought they were too natural for the hot colors in that bed, even though they are often my first choice.

gardenwalkgardentalk.com said...

Blue is my favorite. Your container is lovely, especially the way you have it planted. Brightens up a hard to plant location,too.

Diana said...

gardenwalkgardentalk -- It is a stupid little garden space, but you're right - now I feel much better about it.

Gail said...

A blue pot is the perfect antidote for a bare spot in any garden. Love it.