Thursday, June 17, 2010

Veggie delight...

I set out to weed the unruly vegetable garden yesterday and was delighted to find a bountiful (work with me here!) harvest for our lunch!

I thought I'd planted the carrots much too late.

I'd given up all hope of having any this season.

I hadn't planted any in years, and then they turned out to be stubby, dwarfed mutants.

But lo and behold, today I pulled out three perfect little carrots.

And to go along with them 4 little radishes, a cherry tomato and some strawberries.

Just enough to add to out lunch and put a smile on my face.

3 comments:

mss @ Zanthan Gardens said...

Wonderful that you're still getting strawberries so late--in the same season as tomatoes. The carrots must have liked this unusually cool and wet spring.

Edible treasures from the garden are the best treat.

ConsciousGardener said...

delightful! I'm tickled when I can just pick things in the sun to eat and call it...lunch!

Cindy, MCOK said...

Diana, I'm catching up on blogs and have enjoyed your recent posts. Glad the critters, both four-footed and insectidal, left something for you!