Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Foliage follow-up footage!

I do have some fun foliage in the garden right now. Thanks to Pam, at Digging, who has invited us to share our foliage fotos on the day after bloom day. This season, it helps make up for the lack of blooms in the winter garden. Above is some thriving lettuce that I will soon be picking in the vegetable garden.
The brilliant red and bronze leaves of my strawberry plants is almost as pretty as the little white blooms that precede the delicious fruit.
When these leaves unfurl, I hopt o have a nice little cabbage to cook -- stuffed cabbage leaves anyone?
This delicate little foliage is from the mass of passalong Larkspur shared with me last year by MSS of Zanthan Gardens that is coming back for performance number two.
These delicate little leaves belong to my Katy Road Rose, who is ready to shed her winter wear and put on her Spring finery.

A few little buds here and there, and lots of little leaves sprouting...spring will be here before we know it!

6 comments:

ESP said...

Hi Diana.
It looks like you have plenty of yummy foliage going on in your garden!
One day I will find it in my posting psyche to get into the bloom day / foliage day posting regimen...I am SO rubbish at "blogging structure" :-)
Have you had success with strawberry plants before? What type do you use...any tips?

ESP.

Pam/Digging said...

Ooh, pretty AND edible. I like your take on Foliage Follow-Up, Diana. Thanks for joining in.

Dirty Girl Gardening said...

I love that... foliage follow up!

Jayne said...

You have some great (and yummy) foliage.

Melody said...

I haven't ever really looked at strawberry leaves. They are as pretty as the blooms and fruit:)

Diana said...

ESP - I do have strawberries - tons of them! I'd be happy to give you some babies if you'd like. Mine are ever-bearing, though I don't know what variety, sadly. I probably bought them @ Nat. Gardener several years ago and they want to take over my garden. Are you going to the Design get together @ Bonnie's next weekend? I could bring you some. Or you can get them here March 27 when we meet @ my house!

Pam - You Foliage follow-up was inspired. Nice to have something to post when there are no blooms!

Dirty Girl Gardening -- It's great to show off our foliage, isn't it?

Jayne -- I'm so surprised at what has survived this cold winter. And looking forward to eating it!

Melody - The strawberry leaves are always full of colors, from green to red to bronze and gold. And mine produce almost year-round!