Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A rose by any other name...

might be a Rudbeckia, or a Rhubarb, or a Ground Orchid! Those are just a few of the things that I brought home from our fabulous trip to the Antique Rose Emporium just outside of San Antonio last weekend.

I thought they just had roses, but they had a wonderful selection of other plants and vegetables and herbs as well.
It was a beautiful nursery and their roses were amazing. I did come home with one rose -- Easy Living -- with a fabulous tangerine color and a lovely scent.
The nursery was also full of lovely garden art and trinkets that would make great gifts (for me, too!) I might have to make a trip back there to do some more shopping when I have more time.

I've never known a blogger to miss a plant-shopping opportunity, and this was no different. We filled the vehicles to the brim with a plethora of amazing specimens. See that really tall and amazing Rudbeckia in the middle -- she's mine!

(Don't tell anyone that mine haven't made it into the ground yet...tomorrow, I promise!)

10 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You ladies had too much fun. I bet that rose is gorgeous.

azplantlady said...

Hello Diana,

I found your blog on Blotanical. I am laughing as I look at how many plants you managed to squeeze into the car. It is totally something I would do and have done. I am glad you found such great plants.

getgrounded said...

Wow, Diana, ya'll had a good time! I hope to join you next time, which I'm sure there will be. Thanks for the past several posts about the trip, it was fun to go along with you.

Amy said...

I like that rudbeckia. I'll have to remember that one. I planted my viola missouriensis (had to look up the name) today. Enjoyed your post :)

Gail said...

More fun! More plants and more envy!
I am so glad you had a good time and brought home plants. gail

Diana said...

Lisa -- It was so much fun - and a long day full of it. The rose is pretty. I'll have to post it when I get a new bloom.

azplantlady - Glad you found me. Yes, - we bought as many as we could possibly fit and then some! It's always to fun to find some different plants that your local nursery doesn't have.

getgrounded -- We had a ball - and it was a perfect day. It's not the same as being there, but at least you got to follow along on blogs.

Amy -- Thanks. I love Rudbeckia, and it's fun to find something unusual. Especially since I don't have the right place for more roses.

Gail -- And since we have so many new bloggers here, it's always a treat to meet more.

Pam/Digging said...

My plants aren't in the ground yet either. I'm waiting for the next cool front, or so I keep telling myself.

As for the stuffed car, remember that not all of our plants would fit in my car. We had to put some of them in Rock Rose's truck!

Jacqueline D'Elia said...

Hi! Just found your site through Meredith's blog. Glad I did. I'm in Houston and blog at www.southernpost.net

I just joined the 29 Day Giving Challenge as result of seeing the link on your site.

Best-
Jackie

Diana said...

Pam -- We had all the vehicles stuffed, didn't we? It was such a blast -- thank you again for doing the organizing work for it.

Jacqueline -- So glad you found me. I love your blog -- wonderful photography. And thank you for taking the 29-Day Challenge. I think it's such a worthy cause and this is our 2nd year. Nice to 'meet' you!

Cindy, My Corner of Katy said...

Diana, I've found some amazing plants at ARE over the years. The only reason more of their roses haven't found their way to my garden is my inability to choose amongst them!