Friday, September 25, 2009

A little devil at work in the garden...

...and it's not even Halloween yet.

See those marginally nice-looking Agapanthus? Well, they were short-lived. As you can see below, they were mutilated, bit by bit.

And then devoured.


Leaving a trail that led staight to...
...her mouth! (And she looks so innocent here, doesn't she?!)

She's NOT!

I don't know what it is, but Dakota loves to munch on the poisonous Lantana in the mornings (and puke) and she loves to dig up my bulbs. There must be something about them that she finds tasty or challenging. (Can't decide if it's better than Tanner. He eats you-know-what--ewww.)

Ah -- as if deer, squirrels, pests and erratic weather weren't enough!

Looking forward to the Austin Garden Bloggers get together tomorrow to swap plants, visit and meet our new local Ag Extension Agent, Daphne Richards.

8 comments:

Linda/patchwork said...

Ah..the never ending challenges of the gardener.
She does look quite innocent..all comfy in her bed.
Have fun tomorrow.

Gail said...

Naughty puppy...She is too cute! Have fun tomorrow! gail

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Naughty naughty girl! Trying to lay there and look so innocent. I know too of these doggie ways and I am not impressed.

Janet said...

What a little stinker! but oh so sweet....pat her on the head :-)

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

OMG - she looks exactly like my late, lamented mutt, but she sure doesn't act like it. She does look sweet & innocent though. Sounds like it's time for the shake can & the bitter apple.
Have a great time with the other Austin bloggers, it sounds like a blast!

Lancashire rose said...

First I couldn't believe that you still had agapanthus blooming so late in the year and then that a gardner can live with dogs! Love them as I do when my sons Jack Russels came over and tore around the garden after those cotton rats and then tore around the house knocking things over I told him they weren't welcome any more. I do love the way Dakota is sleeping so innocently though. See you tomorrow.

Meredith said...

Ah yes, dog woes. Got them, too. And they always sleep well afterwards, don't they?

Diana said...

Linda - yes, innocent until proven guilty -- which she was!

Gail -- it is hard to be angry at her, she's such a lanky, gawky, sweet girl.

Lisa -- She's just not gonna give it up -- it's a battle of wills between us and I am losing!

Janet -- Congrats on your nominations - btw. She's my sweet girl, can't stay mad at her.

MMD - How interesting that they look alike. She's so unusual-looking - my blue-eyed girl. She licked the cayenne out of a hole once, so I'm not sure if anything will work!

Lancashire Rose - Well, you saw my Agapanthus for yourself now. What was left of it! At least her behaviour is sporadic enough that I can just keep an eye on her. Can't leave her out for hours though -- she will find something to "do."

Meredith -- Missed you this weekend, but thought about you. And posted about you! My canteloupe is amazing. Thanks again. And no, Dakota's bad behavior isn't keeping her awake at night at all!