Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy Labor Day!

THIS is what I hope to be doing tomorrow for Labor Day! See what I'm reading there? It's an old copy of Texas Gardener -- what better reading for a HOT summer day when you can't possibly be gardening?

Notice how nicely my DH managed to frame this shot so no unacceptable parts are showing? He knows the Austin bloggers' photo rule = no butts, no guts, no double chins! (well, my chin might be a little bit of a third there, but it's ok, I'm leaning.)

Enjoy your holiday.

7 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This looks like too much fun. I hope you have a great day. Tell your husband well done.

Janet said...

Your pool looks very inviting! I woke up to very cloudy skies and possible rain.

Linda/Central Texas Gardener said...

Ahhh! That looks so refreshing. And what a great way to catch up on reading!

Diana said...

Lisa -- Well, never made it to the pool, but I did water and read and take it pretty easy.

Janet - Hope it didn't rain on your holiday, unless of course you wanted it to! We did, and most of Austin got rain Saturday and we got zilch.

Linda/CTG -- It works great if you can keep from getting splashed in the pool!

Pam/Digging said...

No pool this time? Aww. We got into ours late in the day. It's still plenty hot enough, isn't it?

Nutty Gnome said...

That pool looks lovely - and very inviting! What a nice way to spend a day ...... almost as good as gardening! :)

Gail said...

I could get excited about a pool, especially in your part of the world~here the mosquitoes would chase us inside. I hope you had a good holiday! gail