Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ah - HA. Gotcha!

Maybe I shouldn't be quite so smug. But I am relieved.

The BT worked and I am seeing the demise of the tomato hornworms. Normally, I let caterpillars eat whatever they like - Mountain Laurel leaves or dill or parsley -- heck I even plant the parsley for them.

But tomatoes -- uh-uh. THAT is a different story. Especially those I grew from seed for the first time. No way Baby.

And especially now when they are full of big, fat tomatoes just ready to ripen and grace our table with delicious fruit.

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes you're the fire hydrant ... I'm the big dog today!

8 comments:

Janet said...

Way to go Big Dog! :-)

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Woof, you got them good!

Linda/Patchwork said...

Congratulations!!

Bonnie said...

feeling satisfied? I almost never see the payoff, nice to see BT actually does work.

Gail said...

I would be celebrating, too! gail

Layanee said...

Top Dog! I would also be celebrating. I can almost taste that tomato.

Jean said...

Hi Diana! How long did it take to work? I've always just plucked them off but I also worry about missing one. If BT works fast enough, maybe I should try that (fingers crossed, I haven't seen any yet!).

Diana said...

Thanks for all the encouragement guys! Jean -- I checked them a day and a half later and they were D-E-A-D, dead! I'm so glad, because I have way too many tomato plants and they are much too big to have checked them successfully by eyeballing them. Those little buggers are too hard to see. But their carcasses weren't!