Seed sowing in the cutting garden & more veggies

Boy -- sprinkling a few seeds seems so simple, doesn't it?

Not.

But it was fun. Since the soil is nothing but nasty clay, I scraped back the mulch, scraped a little soil off and sowed the seeds, then put good, new garden soil on top and replaced the mulch.

I even had a *PLAN* -- ha ha. (I almost never make one for myself -- it's the old shoemakers children have no shoes syndrome.)

So all the seeds for the cut flowers are going all around these plants.

Here's what I planted:

Vinca - Little Pinkie
Sweet Peas -- Patio Mix
Shasta Daisies --Silver Princess
Zinnias -- Pinwheel Mix
Cosmos - two kinds: Bright Lights & Fordhook Mix
African Lion's Tail
Blackberry Lily
Bachelor's Buttons -- Blue Boy
Morning Glory - Early Call Mix

And we're getting some severe thunderstorms today and tomorrow, so they will get some good, fresh rain to get them started.

Cross your fingers!

Now on to the veggie garden.

A tomato! We have several small ones, about golf-ball sized. This one is on the first tomato that I planted successfully from seed -- so he's near and dear to my heart.
And a bell pepper.
And, since this is Texas, we always have some jalapenos growing in our garden.

I love having the makings of fresh pico de gallo (tomatoes, jalapenos, onions, limes and cilanatro) in my garden all summer long. The cilantro is hard to keep when it heats up, but I'm always trying to sneak a few plants into the shade.

Labels: , , , , ,