Monday, February 9, 2009

Hallelujah ~~ Half ...

an inch of rain! And still coming down. More forecast for the next two days.

Hallelujah.

I love seeing that little cloud icon. It's been much too long for us.



And it's a nice, steady rain, one that woke me up at 4:45, the sound of it on the roof so foreign that it pulled me from a deep sleep.

And of course, this now necessitates the dog-foot-drying line by the back door -- a sight animal owners know well. Luckily, they're pretty good about stopping on the rug and walking back and forth if they are just damp, or sitting down for a foot wipe by Mom if they are really drenched.

I'm so happy to do it this morning!


7 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Wow an 8-paw-wipe day for you. Great. Your daughters valentines are cute. Good job.

ConsciousGardener said...

I'm hoping that we'll get some more rain...it's petering out here. Love the Valentines!

Diana said...

Lisa -- It was an 8-paw day. Great way to look at it. At least it's not snow stuck to their bellies!

Conscious -- They predict it will clear up in the afternoon and then we are supposed to get more tomorrow. My fingers are crossed! It's just a delightful sight out there -- all dreary and grey and wet!

Pam/Digging said...

I got almost an inch! Rain plinking on an overturned pot on the patio woke my husband last night, and he said he couldn't figure out what the sound was. Did we have a leaky pipe? he wondered. Then he realized, Oh yeah, that's what rain sounds like.

Diana said...

Wow, an inch! That's great. It's funny that we've almost forgotten what rain sounds like.

Lancashire rose said...

That;s a fancy gismo! I got 3/4" and everything in the garden just perked up. The air smells so good. I feel a good gardening day coming on.

Diana said...

Lancashire Rose - it was a good gardening day, wasn't it? I planted several things and went to the nursery - just posted about it, too. I have one more Abutilon to put in the ground...then I can shop again!