We're still playing...

with the new Diana Cam!

Here's who came to visit our yard last night -- little Mr. Buck and Emmy and Lulu.


This is too fun -- it's so neat to see when they were there and who came to check things out.

No gardening going on here these days. My brother and sister-in-law and their spouses are here enjoying our nice Texas weather (75 when they arrived on Monday, 60 and breezy today), and some great Mexican food.

My husband is making dinner tonight -- yummy appetizers and then prime rib, risotto and salad with a champagne punch with a kick.

Tomorrow we recuperate and my Mom and Dad will come over and I've made a giant pot of chili and black eyed peas and greens for good luck.

And in honor of the new year, my mantra for 2009 is "gentle." A scrapbooking mentor of mine got me started with a theme for each new year -- a little goal -- as opposed to a mostly unrealistic list of resolutions. Last year, my theme was "flexible", so I tried to be more flexible in my life last year. I think I made some progress and it's always good to strive for improvement.

I am hoping for some quality gardening time next week...maybe some scrapbooking, too. My two hobbies that have to compete for my attentions.

Peace, happy gardening and best of luck to you in the New Year.