Awww ... meet Benjamin Bunny!


I've been checking on the bunny nest daily, carefully watching the layer of bunny fur and bits of grass move gently up and down with the breathing or shifting of the babies tenderly tucked below.

Today, I watched the layer of fur and grass -- and it didn't move. Hmmm. And then I looked up just a tiny bit, to find that Benjamin Bunny had left the nest! He was sitting just a few inches from the nest, up against the corner of the kiddie picnic table I placed as a shelter over the nest. I can't believe that just more than a week ago his little brother barely fit into the palm of my hand.

I quietly stole away and got my camera and went back for one quick and quiet shot so as not to frighten him. Now we just have to hope he and his siblings, Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail, and his Momma, feel adventurous and take off for parts unknown soon so Tanner can have his yard back.

Isn't he the cutest thing?

Labels: