Monday, March 3, 2008

When Mother Nature gives you rain...

Today it was 47 with 25 mph winds and raining.  It was the kind of day that makes you want to stay inside and curl up with a good book.  

And while I didn't do that, I did do some computer clean-up work in the office all day. And when I picked up Kallie from Kindergarten, she had a plan for our evening:
  • Chicken Pot Pie for dinner
  • Hot Chocolate after dinner
  • Curling up in my chair with me with the fireplace going
Sounded like a good plan to me, so that's just what we did tonight!  

This picture is a series of window clings she has on her window -- it's bright and cheerful and I thought it would perk me, and this post, up on a grey day.  

Wednesday promises to be garden-worthy again -- whoo hoo!

8 comments:

Zulkijora said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa at Greenbow said...

Very perky.

GardenJoy4Me said...

You really have to have snow on the ground STILL to fully appreciate that fireplace and hot chocolate ! LOL
Joy

Diana said...

Lisa - they are perky, aren't they? But last night's possible freeze may have squelched my perk!

Joy - Yes, I know you're right. But we were just trying to emulate you guys! We did get a light freeze last night that probably killed a lot of things, so now we're all in the same boat again!

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Chicken pot pie and hot chocolate. Sounds perfect for our weather up here...

Diana said...

Sherry - Spring will be there before you know it!

Christine said...

OOOooooooooooo chicken pot pie does sound good. But, I have never found a recipe I like, and I've tried several. My family doensn't complain, I make poppy seed chicken instead.

Diana said...

Well, I'm not sure it's all about the pot pie - just something hot and gooey and creamy! Poppy seed chicken sounds yummy, too.