Bulbs, bulbs, bulbs...

Call me crazy! I have bulbs coming up, right on schedule, like they're supposed to here in Austin, Texas. BUT, I also still have bulbs sitting in their bags because I was only able to get 1/2 of them in the ground when I was supposed to be planting them. [Here, that's about Thanksgiving time]


So, I'm trying an experiment. If I don't plant them, they won't come up, so I have little to lose other than my time and effort. I put them in the ground this week. Daffodils, irises and allium. This will turn into a beautiful clump of daffodils next Spring -- if I'm lucky! [I focus on the daffodils because the deer have left them alone] The irises and allium are a test. I'm assuming the scent of the allium might protect them -- we'll see.
How hideous is this? Know what it is?

We have a pomegranate tree in the front bed and I simply can't get the fruit to ripen properly, or I'm not picking them properly. They seem to be very under-ripe and then, WHAM -- they explode. This looks like a scary Halloween mask to me!

Mystery Plant Revealed!


I received lots of good guesses about this vine -- but no correct answers. So, drumroll, please! Here it is....my fabulous, young WISTERIA, on the back fence, starting to take on some color and getting ready for beautiful spring blooms.

Labels: , , ,