Mystery!



Ok - I think this may be a variety of Duranta that was pruned into a tree. It was given to me 10 years ago when my dog was dying and I've babied it all these years without knowing what it was. Looks just like the berries on yesterday's photos at Zanthan Gardens ... and that got me thinking.

It has tiny, delicate white blooms on the branch ends and produces small, yellow berries on thin strands. What do you think??!!!! Has anyone out there ever had a white duranta variety that matches this description? I've never had even a guess to go on, so I'll go trolling for web info and see what I come up with. In the meantime, put your gardening caps on and let me know what you think!

*******************
5 minutes online, and ta-dah!

My tree is a Duranta Erecta, commonly called Golden Dew Drop or White Sky Flower or Pigeon Berry Alba. I can't tell you how exciting this is! The internet is an amazing thing. I've had a purple duranta in my back yard for a year -- it's shrub like and small and has purple flowers and produced no berries thus far. But reading Zanthan Gardens' Blog - I looked at this one and its form and it reminded me so much of my tree, I started to search. Thanks for the help (albeit unknown!).

This is just another reminder to me of why I love to blog and to read blogs and to surf around the web. There is so much information and creativity and beauty out there -- just waiting at our fingertips. Not to mention the sense of community and the comraderie that I get from belonging to such a great group.

So, I'm going to bed happy and content tonight.

Labels: ,