Friday, September 28, 2007

oooh, oooh, oooh...

Don't you just love it when it hits you, and you have an epiphany? I had a delightful stroll through Barton Springs Nursery this afternoon, looking for a few more plants for the
"Big Bed". I wanted to put a Texas Sotol on the left side, but was afraid I didn't have the space for it. I bought it anyway. I am the queen of squeezing too much into a bed (not a good thing). Then as I was putting the Blackfoot daisies, Wedelia and the Sotol into my trunk, I realized that the Sotol is the perfect solution for a center focal point in front of the window box. I was looking for something lower growing, but because the Sotol is so fine, it won't obstruct the view and will make a nice specimen plant for the middle where I still had a hole. Blackfoot daisies in front of it, and voila! Ha. I get so smug when I figure something out BEFORE I put it into the wrong spot!!!

(However, I am much LESS smug about the fact that I can't figure out how to rotate this photo, so for now, you'll just have to turn your heads because I'm rushing out the door!!!)


Yolanda Elizabet said...

Hi Diana, thanks for visiting my blog. I noticed that you were part of that party held in Austin by several garden bloggers that I *know*. It's nice to put a face to your name too.

The re-planting of your big bed is coming along nicely I see. Ephipany's are good!!!

BTW I hope that you can get some of your beloved the Netherlands back through my blog. You're very much welcome to visit Bliss to your heart's content!

Pam/Digging said...

Your sotol will be a terrific focal point. Good idea.

Diana said...

Our garden party was so fun! It was great to meet these new friends in person. I will certainly enjoy having a piece of Holland through your blog!