Thursday, August 2, 2007

Does he look GUILTY ???


I've had my suspicions for a while...and today, I finally caught him! My dog, Tanner, has been eating tomatoes from our garden! He kept taking too long to come inside when I called him, and he'd come from that side of the yard behind a little fence, licking his chops. But I thought, "surely not." Surely. Today I caught him over there with a little porter tomato in his mouth! I made him spit it out - half eaten. Maybe that's where his horrific gas has been coming from... (I know, TMI!) So, now I am faced with a dilemma -- do I sacrifice a few fallen tomatoes to the birds and the dog, or put some sort of fence up? Trouble I expect from the wild critters we share our space with - bunnies, birds, grasshoppers, but not my own mutt. Ah, ya gotta love him.

5 comments:

Robert Hanna said...

Maybe bird netting from Home Depot would do the job for birds and tanner. Worth a try, easier than a fence.

blaineandmeryl said...

Ha! Tell him not to speak without talking to his lawyer first! According to family lore, Sweet Husband's childhood German Sheppard would do that--always the just perfectly ripe ones too.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. Here's the watermelon pickle recipe--they're definitely a little stronger than normal pickles, but I really like them.

http://www.mybitofearth.net/2007/07/watermelon-two-.html

Anita said...

Hallo Diana und guten Morgen aus Deutschland!

Vielen Dank für Deinen Besuch bei mir im Garten, über den ich mich sehr gefreut habe! Thanks a lot for passing by, new visitors are always highly appreciated, and especially YOU! I was glad to learn about your German roots!

By the way, your German language skills still seem to be quite good! ;-)) To you have the chance to speak / hear German regularly?

Best wished und ein schönes Wochenende!

Anita

Pam/Digging said...

Oh, the little devil. He's pretty cute, so I'm sure you'll forgive him.

Annie in Austin said...

Have you run into the garden blog called A Study In Contrasts? Kim seems to have a tomato eating dog, too, Diana!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose